This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Options for pre-set stop

edited February 2008 in Support
Hi!
(Newbie with CamStudio, so please be gentle... :-) )

I find the "stop recording after x seconds" feature very, very useful. A couple of quibbles about it though:
- is there a way to just input the time there and not have to adjust with the up/down arrows?
- is there an option to record MORE than 7200 seconds? Some of the sessions I want to record can go on to 4 hours or more, and I just want to set it and forget it. (BTW: I drop the frame rate way down - something like 1 frame/second - which is perfect for presentations and such, as the video file is small and the audio chugs along nicely...)

Thanks!!!!

Comments

• Hi there

Right now you can't input a figure directly, I'm not sure how easy this is a function to do.

Recording for more than 7200 seconds is also not possible I don't think, but I don't see why this couldn't be done.

Ghosty?

Cheers

Nick :o)
  • I don't think it's impossible, but I think that it would be very hard to program-- I was wondering why 2 sessions of 7200 seconds wouldn't work. (I'm not saying I probably won't implement the feature, just it would probably take longer then normal for this.) Possibly an update for this? As in after 2.5 Final, there would be several bug fixes, and it could be included in an update. Would that sound good Nick?
  • edited March 2008
    Hi:
    I did my own experiment with the source code and this is what I got; I hope it may be of help.
    The 7200 limit is defined in "PresetTime.cpp":

((CSpinButtonCtrl *) GetDlgItem(IDC_SPIN1))->SetRange(1,7200);

You can increase the second value up to 32767 (9 hours, 6 minutes and 7 seconds). If you set it to 32768 or higher the function will be broken when you build Recorder.exe. I think the best choice (aesthetically) is 32400, which is exactly 9 hours:

((CSpinButtonCtrl *) GetDlgItem(IDC_SPIN1))->SetRange(1,32400);

Yesterday I left CamStudio over night (using a modified build of Recorder.exe) with a Preset Time of 9 hours and everything worked fine, as far as I can tell. The result was a 9 hours long (of course :P) and 414 MB file. My recording settings: Fixed region=320x240, Codec=Xvid, Quality=50%, Keyframes=20, Capture frames=50, Playback rate=20, no audio.
    Well, I hope this may be a solution, or at least an approach to it :)
    Best regards,
    Gabriel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.: Also, by changing this value

acc[2].nInc = 100;

to 600 or higher, going from 1 to 32400 gets a lot faster (5x in this case).
  • edited March 2008
    And maybe adding this simple "Examples" dialog as a quick reference:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff197/OrfeoImg/CPTDialogue.png

Gabriel.
  • Thanks for the image, it's a good guideline, 7Orfeo7. Thanks!