This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Camstudio 64bit

Is Camstudio going to release a version for 64bit Windows? Or the current version is compatible with 64bit Windows.
I'm not using 64bit, but want to know more.

Comments

• supanut,

The present focus is on getting the 32-bit version to work on XP, Vista and Windows 7 smoothly. More news soon! 64-bit Windows users can use the compatibility modes (requires Windows 7 64-bit Pro version if using that 64-bit operating system).

Terry
  • Thanks for the info.
  • Hi,

I was curious how well CamStudio 2.6 would run on Windows 7 64-bit. I've got Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium edition (which does happen to allow one to specify compatibility modes for any executable under the properties of the executable file). I had no trouble installing it, and it seemed to run just fine. Additionally, I did not specifically set it up to run using a compatibility mode. So as far as I know it was running without a special compatibility mode and just running as a regular 32-bit application, in whichever way 64-bit Windows 7 does that.

I did not try very many things, but I was able to record a couple short videos just fine using the Xvid codec. And the performance was quite good (though I should mention that this is a new machine I'm running it on, so the machine is pretty fast). So basic functionality seems to work under 64-bit Windows 7.

--Rob
  • Glad that it works for you, cause there are folks out there that runs 64bit windows and lacks good open source screen recorder.
    So, Camstudio does run on 64bit Windows, but I don't know how well it performs, since I don't have 64bit Windows in a real PC nor a virtual machine to test.
  • Summary
    ========
    Camstudio 32 bits version should work in 64 bits windows. It is Windows that just makes this happen.
    Take care that you also install the VCredist32 as Camstudio expects the 32 bits libraries.

64-bit Windows users can use the compatibility modes (might require Windows 7 64-bit Pro version).

================
    Comments closed
    ================
This discussion has been closed.