This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Translations?

Are you going to release more translations for Camstudio?
Even with English and German the translation isn't working properly.
When I select German, it is still English even after I restarted Camstudio.

Comments

• Right now translations are broken for sure since there is even no such option is new config. Unfortunately I can't do anything with GUI even myself since I have limited MS Visual Studio. I suggest to switch to some open GUI toolkit like Gtk+ (not necessarily). It would be much easier to translate.
  • As long as much of the text you see is hard coded we cannot support translations.
  • I suggest to think about using gettext tool. It is included with GUI toolkits like GTK+. The current way of translating stuff is quite inconvenient as all text string should be moved to resource files and loaded by identifier that needs to be created. This is a lot of work to do. Instead of this, gettext allows one to convert text strings like "hello" into function call _("hello"), where macro "_()" will eventually expand to "gettext()" call to do all the working for translation.

Unfortunately existing GUI cannot be translated the same way, I suggest to postpone any translation efforts for now, and think about moving to another toolkit... perhaps along with DirectShow as it would involve major rewrite.
  • I agree.
    Much better to get Camstudio improved first.
  • edited April 2011
    I hate translated software, so please, keep it English and working! Albeit I am Italian - but computers should always be English-only!