This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

CamStudio Server Move Tomorrow: 11am UK Time 7th April 2011

edited April 2011 in Announcements
As you may or may not know, the forum on CamStudio as well as the main site itself has been repeatedly crashing over the last 3 weeks.

It has in fact now outgrown the Virtual Private Server it has been hosted on for the last 3 years to the point where CamStudio is now able to kill the server due to the amount of traffic it is receiving (approx 450,000 visitors a month)

I've now purchased a cloud-based server and will move CamStudio to it and switch the nameserver settings at 11am tomorrow morning (UK time), Thursday 7th April 2011.

Moving it to a cloud-based server will not only give us the ability to handle large immediate spikes in traffic, but also give us long term stability as we're able to easily upgrade our resources to accommodate our growth.

It's possible there maybe some downtime whilst DNS switches I'll try to keep it to a minimum.

Thanks for your patience with this and there's more CamStudio news to come very soon.

Cheers

Nick :o)

Comments

• Test comment to make sure the forum isn't broken after the move.
  • CamStudio is now live on the new server and as far as I can tell, all is well [touch wood] ...

Feel free to email me at support @ camstudio . org if you see any weird stuff happening in the forum or elsewhere on the site - bug report or questions about the software itself should be posted to the forum.

Cheers

Nick :o)
This discussion has been closed.