This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

AVI To SWF ???

Just here to BITCH ....... lol just kidding. Been looking of a program like this for AGES and love it. I have a quiry about how and what the video is saved to. When you click on " Record to SWF " ........ why does it save to a AVI file which is HUGE and then you have to COMPRESS to a SWF File. Why not DIRECTLY to SWF? One other little thing I found ODD was Regions. When you push record and have to pick REGION or FIXED REGION it starts right away before you have a chance to get the video started. This is when capturing a video off the NET. That's it for my BITCH'N

CHEERS and THANKS for this great share.

MR HOLLYWOOD

Comments

• mltmlt
    edited November 2010
    First of all, use specialized products for "capturing a video off the NET" like FlashGot plug-in for Firefox. You will lose quality if you try to re-encode video from the screen on-the-fly.

Recording directly to SWF would limit post-processing capability at first as most programs expect AVI as an input. Second, it would require some extra coding efforts and "the reinvention of the wheel".

Once, you chose you region, it should be reused next time and will be saved to configuration file upon exit.
  • why avi files is bigger because the video codec is not microsoft video 1 you can see it in video options.
  • mlt,

"Once, you chose you region, it should be reused next time and will be saved to configuration file upon exit. "

Well, damn! I didn't even know that!! Thanks!

Terry