This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Camcodec.dll

Hey. Whenever I try to install the Camstudiocodec, it says I need to locate the file, "camcodec.dll." but I can't find it anywhere. Can somebody help me with it please? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• theoneandonly09,

It should be in the same folder as the .inf file. Did you unzip the entire contents of the zip into a folder?

Terry
  • edited July 2011
    tbritton,

Okay. I was able to install it but now it doesn't show up in the Video Options.
  • theoneandonly09,

Try installing version 2.6b r294 and see if it appears then. I ran into a similar anomaly on my laptop.

Terry
  • tbritton,

I re-installed the 2.6b r294 and re-installed the codec and it's still not showing up in the video options.
  • theoneandonly09,

Well, that bug is mysterious, but believe me, you want to be using Xvid or Lagarith Lossless anyway - especially Xvid! Just keep your screen regions as even numbers (use the Fixed Region setting). 1280X720 even has an Xvid profile now.

Here's my favorite version:
    http://jawormat.republika.pl/xvid.html

Even if you have a 64-bit machine, you'll need the 32-bit binaries for CamStudio. If you have 64-bit, get the installer that installs both and you'll have your 64-bit players covered.

Terry