This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Problems with CamStudio Beta

I just installed the recorder and when I try to open it tells me Error the application has failed to start up because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail...I have no clue what that means. I tried installing by clicking Run as Administrator and tried opening it the same way and still get the error.

Comments

• Is the version you are installing at least version 2.6b r294 ?? That issue was supposedly fixed by that version. It still has one glaring bug or two (in the Window Region selection, which adds one pixel to the height and width dimensions - note this if using Sizer to size your windows first...) Still install as an administrator. You can also set the compatibility to run the program as an admin, and perhaps setting it to XP SP3 will help. Let me know what happens!
  • Just downloaded the newest version, r294 and got the same error.
  • Try downloading this and see if it works then:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5582

It is the 2008 version of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) which CamStudio requires to run, but is not included.

Terry
  • Thanks...After installing the link it now works.
  • That's very good to hear!

If you experiment with 2.6c (in the Next folder at Sourceforge) then you will need the 2010 version of this.

Terry