This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Xvid Codec

edited February 2012 in Announcements
Im have troblue recording a window using this compressor, i was wondering if anyone could help me. When i try to record a window it says "CamStudio could not record the AVI file using the current compressor."

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Yes - the MPEG-4 codecs all require you to have region sizes with even numbered height and width. DivX requires height (I think) be a multiple of 4, in fact. But Xvid requires both measurements to be a multiple of 2 (or divisible by 2, to put it another way.)

I use Fixed Region's "Select" button to select a region, then correct the numbers it gives me so they are multiples of 2. The top "Region" command doesn't give that correction ability, so I've abandoned using it.

Terry
  • edited February 2012
    Thanks i just always perferred using select window i have been using the fixed region to record with i just hate have i get the screen off by a little so i was wondering if it could be helped, but i guess not. Thanks for your help
  • edited February 2012
    You can alternatively use "Sizer" to force a window to a specific size, then use the Region:Window selector to choose that window - but be aware that SOME cards have a bug that delivers one too many pixels to CamStudio, so you have to set the window in Sizer to be one pixel less than what you actually want - so, for a 1280X720 recording window, you have to set Sizer to a 1279X719 size. Then it turns out just fine.

Sizer can be downloaded here: http://www.brianapps.net/sizer/

I mention Sizer and Zoomit in the following video. Watch full-screen at 720p for best results.

(I just today made the mind-map mentioned in the video available to the public.)
    http://screencasttutorial.org/47/camstudio-and-more-mind-map-604

Enjoy!

Terry