This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Please help. If you can record video & audio through the speakers, why do you need the mic as well?

edited April 2012 in General Discussion
I have literally been trying to get through a 16 minute tutorial for hours now, and do I even need the external mic? I'm concerned because at one point, I wanted to hear what the mic was doing (configuring it) and it was so garbled that it made me wonder if the lecture I want to record will be also garbled if I use the mic. Will just the speakers pick up the audio? Thanks, it's very confusing...I am not a teckie...far far from it. Many thanks!

Comments

• Please help. If you can record video & audio through the speakers, why do you need the mic as well?

I have literally been trying to get through a 16 minute tutorial for hours now, and do I even need the external mic? I'm concerned because at one point, I wanted to hear what the mic was doing (configuring it) and it was so garbled that it made me wonder if the lecture I want to record will be also garbled if I use the mic. Will just the speakers pick up the audio? Thanks, it's very confusing...I am not a teckie...far far from it. Many thanks!
  • Well, what audio are you recording through the speakers? If from a media player of some kind, sure. You only need an external mic if you will be the one making noise!
  • Do not use the old, deprecated and seldom working "Record from Speakers" selection.
  • Use "Record from Microphone" and set up Stereo Mix as the Recording Input source.

Terry