This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

files saving too large, any way to change settings?

edited July 2012 in Support
Hi I just started using camstudio, it's great but the files are saving way too large, for example yesterday I recorded a clip just under 5 minutes and it saved as 4GB ?!? that is extremely large for a 5 minutes clip, any way to adjust the compression settings or anything so it saves as a smaller file. I also tried cutting the size down by using copy/export software like any video convertor and nero express but for some reason all software rejects the file even though it's just an avi file so I need to be able to change the compression settings, any help?

Comments

• belle05,

Try Xvid. Use search here for plenty of mentions of that compressor and videos showing how to set your settings!

CamStudio videos over 2 gigabytes in size are going to be broken and un-readable by any program, pretty much, due to its using the AVI-1 specification. That's just a file-size limit we have to live with.

Terry
  • Use some software called FormatFactory

You can convert any type of file into a different type of file. For example an AVi to an WMV or an MP4. This will bring the size down and make it easier to work with.

Nick
  • Soanage,

FormatFactory is great stuff. I've been using Any-Video-Converter lately and like it a lot also. I mostly use it to generate MPEG-4 Custom formats so my videos can be read with any media player out there.

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Terry