This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

cannot find.copy file

edited February 2013 in Support
Hello,

CamStudio 2.00 on Win 7. I recorded something. I tried to find it through Search - not found. When I opened Player I could play it. From the Player Open window I tried to copy the file. I got a message saying that the file could not be copied because (I cite by memory here) the file was no longer there.

I had a lot of avi files with DivX codex in the CamStudio directory. As tehy used a lot of space, I tranformed them into mkv with Format Factory. I do not think this has any relevance to the above, but I mention it just in case.

I don't know what I did but the file was suddenly replaced by another one and I could not recover it by means of carious software programmes but this is another story.

Please help me demystify the problem in the first paragraph.

Thank you!

Comments

• It may be named with a time-code as the file name.

Terry
  • No, it is not named with a time-code. I checked it by arranging the folder by date.
    Anyway, thank you for the willingness to help.

Other suggestions?
  • @ismanpa

Are you using a 64-bit Windows 7?

What is your Temporary Directory for Recording set to? (Options > Program Options)

Cheers

Nick :)
  • Yes, Win 7. The file is not in the temporary directory.

Thank you!
  • I have just recorder something to see what will happen. Just nothing. There is no file with the name I gave on my computer.

Please help!
  • I have no troubles as mentioned above on my second computer, though.
  • After several installations and de-installations of v, 2 and v. 2.7 the problem is now corrected. Obviously the files that were recorded stood in some way of the new files.

• Sorry you had to go through all that, but I'm happy to hear you've got it sorted out.

Terry