Due to continual spamming, forum registrations are now by Invitation Only. Hopefully this will be only a temporary measure to combat spammers.
If you want an invitation contact forumapplication @ camstudio . org
Sorry for the inconvenience.
My os = 7.
CamStudio(TM) Recorder v 2.7
Build on Mercurial release: r316
1. Under Soundcard Device, when I clicked "Auto Search", an error message said: "WaveoutGetSelectControl() failed."
2. Similarly, when I clicked Options>Get audio from speakers, an error message said: "WaveoutGetSelectControl() failed."
3. When I tried the "Manual Search", an error message said: "Unable to detect recording line for speakers. Please make sure your soundcard is correctly selected in the 'Soundcard Device' of 'Audio Options for Speakers'".
4. When I clicked Options>Video Options>ffdshow video codec>okay, pressed the "record" button, CamStudio asked me to click on the window to be recorded, but then crashed.
The reason why I changed to the ffdshow video codec was because your FAC page advised:
"If you're recording yourself using applications with lots of movement (or recording a film or game playing) use the H.264 encoder in the FFDShow Tryout codec.http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net
Well, I guess my hour-long video qualifies as a "movie".
So, I downloaded and installed: "64-bit: ffdshow 1.3.4500".
5. Picture quality is also poor. How can I make it the same as that of the source video?