This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Video editing for Camstudio Lossless Codec V1.4?

edited June 2009 in Announcements
Hello,

I had spent considerable time creating a drawing tutorial using the Camstudio Lossless Codec now I need to speed it up around 500% so it only takes 15min for viewers to watch. I read on the forum (after the fact) that this codec doesn't work with Premier which is what I was trying to use.

I've tried compressing the video using other software but when it bring it back into premier to speed it up...it still crashes.

Any idea what software I can use to speed up this video I have?

I really don't want to have to go back and redo the tutorial again...but if I did which codec should I select in Camstudio in order to edit in Premier.

Thanks,

Rob

Comments

• I'm not familiar with premier, but I know changing the playback rate is possible with VirtualDub. You could either up the framerate or decimate (keep only every other frame, every third frame, etc). VirtualDub can also open video encoded via Camstudio Lossless and re-encode it to different formats. It should be possible to use VirtualDub to re-encode the video to something compatible with Premier (don't ask me what, I've never used it).
  • AWESOME!!

I will give VirtualDub a try and will re-post the results incase someone else runs into this.

Thanks a million for the tip!