This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Files being written to 'ghost' directory, and not one specifed!

edited October 2013 in Support
Hi folks, bare with me, may be confusing. I wrote about this several years ago, and then actually found the fix, now forgotten.

I had to change some path settings recently, and left the naming scheme to yy/mm/dd. However, the path settings for my files are not where they are to be written now (c:\camstudio). I have searched relentlessly, even via DOS, to track down these files, numerous sub-dirs, dates, hidden files, etc.., temp files, etc.. Any ideas? I just can't remember the solution previously. No temp sub-directories are holding these...ugh..nothing I can find, though I do know they MUST be there. Everyone's o/s, directory structure, PC, etc.. is different, but I do remember someone seeing the directory being written to while the files were being compressed.

Terry, do you have any old correspondence from about 2 years ago still, under name Morgandy, where I posted the fix I found?

Note, I quickly changed my default directory back to c:\camstudio, and am again naming the files when they are written.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments