I just downloaded CS a few days ago and have been playing with it for a few days. I have been able to make it work, but have a few issues I can't work out. Fair warning: I am not a super techie with this kind of thing, so bear with me if I don't provide everything necessary the first time, or ask a silly question.
First, whenever I try to record a video and export to the MP4 format, CS crashes at around the 95-97% mark during the export process. The file actually appears in my export folder, but it is all black. It plays (the play bar at the bottom progresses through the length the video was), but the screen is black. I have been able to record in the AVI format just fine, and then convert the file using a converter, but that's just one extra, and annoying step. Any thoughts?
Also, regardless of the file format I choose, my cursor always looks odd (see the black marks on it here? http://imgur.com/Os8tbOz
). I haven't changed ANY of the cursor settings, or added any enhancements to the way the program installs. This is just the way it appears. Have you seen this before? Any fixes?
Here are the stats of my computer I can think to post. If you need more to diagnose the issue, just let me know:
- Version of CS - 2.7.2 build on mercurial release r326
- Windows 7 - 64 bit
- i7-3615QM Processor @ 2.30 GHz
- 8 GB memory
- The codec I downloaded was on xvid's website (http://www.xvid.org/Downloads.15.0.html
). CS lists it as "Xvid MPEG-4 Codec" on the video options screen, though I've had the same experience using the Microsoft 1 codec that comes with CS
- Video options are set to capture frames every 2 milliseconds, and playback at 500 frames/second with the auto adjust and lock capture and playback rates boxes checked
- Xvid settings are set to "Xvid HD 1080", with single pass encoding. Target equalizer is set to 1.00 and the quality preset is set to "General Purpose"
- Recording region is set to "Window"
- I am recording audio on my microphone