This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

No Video, only Sound when loading .html with an embedded .swf

edited June 2009 in Support
I created my .swf using camstudio. I then embedded the .swf file in a web page.

I can see it in Internet Explorer with no problem, but in Chrome and Safari I only get the audio, no video.

Any ideas on why is this happening? Are there any specific settings I need to choose when generating the .swf file?

Thanks,
Fab

Comments

• I'd guess it's either a problem with the code you're using to embed the video or your Chrome \ Safari installations have a missing or outdated flash plugin.
  • Hi Fab

I think I'm correct in saying that Chrome and Safari are based on Mozilla - and if that's the case, and you generated your SWF using CamStudio 2.0, there is a bug in the generated HTML page.

Open the related HTML to the SWF you've just generated and look for the line starting with the "EMBED SRC" command ...

Change the Width and Height values in this line to match values in the line starting with "OBJECT CLASSID".

Save the file and see if that works.

Cheers

Nick :o)
  • "I think I'm correct in saying that Chrome and Safari are based on Mozilla "

You're not, in fact, but they both use the same rendering engine (Webkit).
  • Ah, my bad ... thanks for the clarification Torbjorn ...

However, I'd still try the EMBED SRC fix to see if that works.

Cheers

Nick :o)
  • Thanks Big cheese,

that solved the problem at least for Chrome.

I already asked someone else to verify it worked for Safari. But, I think it will fix it there too.

Best regards,
    Fab