This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Corrupted CamStudio by accidently closing CS as it was saving file

edited November 2014 in Support
I love CamStudio and have used it constantly for the past 7 months. Today I was saving a 30 min capture (about 450Mb and right before it finished saving I accidentally closed CS. I got into a situation where I couldn't exit/close the error screens and had to use task manager to close the error and CS processes. After rebooting my PC, CS will run but it runs a bit differently than before (no xvid status screen) but more importantly the videos it produces will not play. I get a "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file". I want to fix this ASAP, will I need to uninstall then reinstall? Or maybe I can fix some other way?

Comments

• I solved the problem. Apparently what happened is CS lost all the settings I had configured for initial recording. After I went back in and reselected Xvid as my encoder it solved my problem...thank God!!!
    This taught me to write down all my initial CS and Windows settings so I won't forget later. I also re-watched Terry's getting started video and took notes. Luckily I can record audio through my speakers but had to download a driver for my audio system to do so and don't ever want to loose these system settings. I am so grateful for this software, it's one of the most useful applications I own and will gladly send in a donation. Thanks so much!!!
  • Tim,

Yes, definitely write stuff down! :-)

Most settings should remember themselves, though, except the audio source, which has to be set manually each time if it is not the default audio.