This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Power Point 2007 Audio to Video synch issues

edited July 2009 in Support
I am a new user to CamStudio. I have a power point presentation with 30 slides with embedded WAV files that I am attempting to create an AVI file of the presentation using CamStudio. The problem I'm having is that the AVI file speeds through the slides and their animation much faster than was actually recorded but the WAV file continues to play fine. So the presentation is supposed to take about 12 minutes and does on the audio but the slides are run though in less than one minute. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

Comments

• Hi Jeff

Try recording a short test video using these settings:

Video Codec: CamStudio Lossless Codec
    Keyframes: Every 30 frames

Capture Frames: Every 50 milliseconds
    Playback Rate: 20 frames/second

Audio Codec: PCM (no compression)
    44100Hz, 16KBit, Mono

If you're still getting audio/video desynchronization, click the MCI Recording option in Audio Options for Microphone - it records the audio in the most basic audio format (overriding any audio settings selected) but usually does the trick.

Cheers

Nick :o)
  • I was having the same problem. I followed Nick's advice on settings that I found in this thread, and finally it worked. I also set my Recording Thread Priority "Above Normal" which seems to have helped in making the video run smoothly. Today I found a video tutorial that explains why I was having problems and seems to be helpful for setting up Video Options: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hackcHVJUl8
  • hi

i have the opposite problem!

details: i narrated a 40 slide powerpoint presentation. in ppt it plays all automatic. i was very happy to discover camstudio as i did not find an accurate ppt to avi converter before.

problem: after recording i watched the movie to check. however i found the movie playing the slides slower then the narration. this means a new slide is already explained while still looking at the previous slide. all this although when the presentation was recorded on scamstudio audio and slides came at the same moment.

i would be grateful for some help and hints.
  • Hi Sibylle

To minimize audio/video desync make sure your framerate settings when multiplied together are as close to 1000 as possible.

Try recording a short test video using these settings:

Video Codec: CamStudio Lossless Codec
    Keyframes: Every 30 frames

FRAMERATE
    Capture Frames: Every 100 milliseconds
    Playback Rate: 10 frames/second

Audio Codec: PCM (no compression)
    44100Hz, 16KBit, Mono

If you're still getting audio/video desynchronization, click the MCI Recording option
    in Audio Options for Microphone - it records the audio in the most basic audio format
    (overriding any audio settings selected) but usually does the trick.

Cheers

Nick :o)