This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Program Stop Error in Producer

edited January 2013 in Support
Trying to test CamStudio. Recorded a short clip including some audio. Bprogram halted with the following:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: producer.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4cc3687a
Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll
Fault Module Version: 9.0.30729.6161
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dace5b9
Exception Offset: 0002fc96
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: f1e2
Additional Information 2: f1e2acc38bbc394b611d2dce64e013ef
Additional Information 3: 88d3
Additional Information 4: 88d3746421b116de1177024cd92c669c

Any idea of what the problem might be?

Thanks.

Comments

• I do not know. How short was the video and using what codec(s) - video and audio? It looks like you found some settings that the producer didn't like when it went to convert the video to flash. Try making an AVI first, then convert to flash with Any-Video-Converter or another converter manually - it is a safer way to go anyway, and the conversion will have more options.

http://screencasttutorial.org/20/need-a-review-of-free-video-converters-and-encoders-576

Terry
  • I did install AVC and it works in converting the original MP4 file to SWF, greatly reducing the size, but also the quality of the video. I am not very conversant with a-v software, just thought I might record some short clips showing "how-to" for some of the content contributors to our Joomla website. May try some other output formats to see if I can find a better quality of the final clip.

Thanks for the pointers.
  • Jim,

What I personally do is upload everything I'm going to use to YouTube, then embed that video. That way I get high-quality conversions for many screen sizes from them, and can download the MP4 file from the Video Manager as well (from the dropdown next to the name).

Terry
  • Thanks for the suggestion, Terry. I'll try that.

Jim