This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Customer settings and screen annotations (version 2.6C r303)

Problem
When I'm using Screen Annotations layouts during recording,the next time I start camstudio it seems that my previous customer settings have been reset to their defaults !! Very annoying !!

I dont see any INI-files in the software directory like in version 2.6b .

In the registry I found some entries under :
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CamStudioOpenSource for Nick]
but execept for the ..\playplus\Recent File List] there are no references to file settings.

Under %HOMEPATH%\Application Data I found:
Camstudio.cfg
Camshapes.ini
Camlayout.ini
Camdata.ini

If I backup these files can I overwrite them after the problem occurs again ?

Are is this a bug ?

Greetings
Trytrix

Comments

• It may be a bug. If you run Camstudio as an administrator, does it retain the settings? Right-click on the Camstudio icon and select "Run as administrator" to try that. It may be a permissions problem.

You can make copies of your good ini files and then just write-over them with the good copies, I believe. But if CamStudio is not being allowed to write to them due to a permissions issue, then you won't have working ini files in the first place.

Terry
  • Hi Terry,

I always login as an administrator. So I dont think thats the cause.
    Trytrix
  • Even though logged in as an admin, the system doesn't run all apps "as an admin" permissions-wise. So, try right-clicking the icon and selecting "Run as administrator" just to see if it helps any.

Terry