This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Not Recording Audio or Video

edited February 2013 in Support
I have downloaded the Patched 2.7 and cant get it to record at all. I have tried several different codec's and audio settings.
Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• edited February 2013
    I just uploaded a review and short tutorial to YouTube. Let me know if I left anything out that you need answered.

Terry

• didn't help I removed and reinstalled it worked once then nothing again. Every time I hit record it it acts like its about to start then nothing, no green text or when i click the stop button it doesn't try to save.
  • You didn't by any chance close the flashing window from the task bar, did you? That stays running as a process in the background unless you kill it from CTRL-ALT-DELETE or restart your machine.

Here is a more complete tutorial, from downloading through making the right settings to hitting the record button.

Let me know if I left anything out - I can add stuff through annotations or re-do the video at another time.

Terry

• edited February 2013
    I just had it happen to me where it stopped working, but going through and re-entering settings from scratch, then closing the program and opening it again restored it to operation. I had confused it with settings from version 2.0 that I used to record the above videos, but re-entering settings repaired its borked ini files, it seems.

Terry