This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

audio out of sync after using Freemake to covert avi to swf for embedding in website

edited March 2013 in Support
Freemake converter is doing a nice job converting avi to swf, the video looks good and the audio sounds fine, but the audio is lagging behind the video, I'm estimating 8-10 seconds behind, for just a 5 minute video. Does anyone have a solution to get video and audio back in sync? Before posting this here, I just checked the avi file I imported into Freemake and the video/audio are in sync!
Thanks
^_^

Comments

• It may be from using the MP3 encoder (which likely is the open-source version). Try AAC instead - or even ADPCM, which I've had good luck with.

Terry
  • I entered ACC and ADPCM in google and the link results were, "OMG, what do I click on?" Any chance you have a Linky?
    Also is AAC or ADPCM the name of the conversion software? Or are these letters a file format?
    FWIW I made another swf file from an avi file using freemake, and the same thing happened, the audio was lagging behind the video by about 10-12 seconds, which makes the new swf file useless! The original avi file was in perfect sync.
    Joy,
    Paul
  • Microsoft's ADPCM (or MS-ADPCM) is built into all Microsoft products since Windows 3.1, I believe! It was one of the first audio compression tools and still works fine. I sometimes have used it during capture - it is the only audio compressor that syncs well with video in CamStudio, though GSM 1.6 probably works well also (mono-only).

One really easy thing to do is to upload to YouTube with the setting to "Private" so nobody sees your video, and then use the drop-down menu in the video manager to download the MP4 conversion that they make for you. They are very high quality conversions.

I explain how ADPCM works in this article here, if you want to know more.
    http://screencasttutorial.org/54/pcm-or-microsoft-adpcm-which-is-the-best-audio-for-screencasting-139

Terry