This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

windows 8

edited April 2013 in Support
Hi, I'm running a Toshihba C855 laptop, it's 1.7ghz dual core AMD and 6gb of ram. I have tried to set up camstudio as I had done on my last machine, I thought it would be simple enough. However, I can't seem to get it to record audio. I used to just run a cable form the headphone socket to the mic input and record that way... and I never had any issues before, but that doesn't seem to work. I tried to follow the instructions to enable the stereomix method... but can't seem to get that to work either. I know I'm more than likely doing something stupid, just can't seem to figure it out.

Any advice, or assistance would be appreciated. And if you would require any further information, then I would be more than happy to oblige.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• We just uploaded a new version of the installer - give it a try, and I will also on a Win8 machine we just got. Your mic settings should simply follow the system settings for the recording device, so I don't know what's up with that. Stereo Mix REQUIRES that the output/playback device in the system settings be ANALOG SPEAKERS - setting to headphones will not work.

Terry
  • Ah, I see... ok, that's sorted it. Shame I can't just run it from my external soundcard like I used to do before, but it's no big deal, I can just run a jack from the headphone socket as and when I have to! lol

Thanks a lot... I knew it would be something silly that I had missed. Seems to be working fine... but if I run into trouble again, I'll know where to come! :D
  • Good to hear!

Terry