This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Tooltips not appearing during recording

edited October 2014 in General Discussion
I have a webpage in which a tooltip appears at the mouse rolls over an element. When CamStudio recording is off, the tooltip appears. When recording is on, no tooltip appears. This is whether CamStudio is in fixed region or window settings.

Is there a setting which overcomes this?

Robert

Comments

• Correction - tooltip appears while recording in IE11, but not in Opera or Chrome.
  • edited October 2014
    Interesting - I'll try to duplicate that issue. I'm using the simplified "basic" theme. I'll try it this evening and get back to you. Might be an Aero issue - I hear that Windows 7 performs better with some software with Aero turned off, while Windows 8 fixed that problem, and performs better with Aero turned on. I have Windows 8 here. Which are you running?

Terry
  • Windows 8.1, with Aero on (I think) - I do see some translucent effects!
  • There is also an option in Options/Program Options to capture translucent/layered windows - try turning that on or off, perhaps.

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but will get to it hopefully today.

Terry
  • No, capture translucent/layered windows doesn't seem to make a difference
  • Sounds like a bug, then! Thanks! I've passed this on to Nick who will tell the programmers.

Terry