This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

version 2.7 work only in comparability mode

edited March 2013 in Announcements
I've just installed v2.7 on a windows 7 64 bit machine, and it seems to work only in compatibility mode.
in "normal" mode when I start the app i see the process running bu no ui.

Comments

• Are you certain it is not an old copy of the process? Sometimes folks try to shut down CamStudio from right-clicking the taskbar item during recording, and it leaves the "Flashing Window" process running erratically and the CamStudio Recorder process in there also. Try a machine restart and try again - it has been running without needing to be in compatibility mode for everyone so far. (As I do on the same kind of machine...)

Terry
  • found the problem!
    it was not a compatibility issue.
    i had to configure CamStudio to use to run with the "High-performance NVIDIA" graphic processor, instead of the default integrated one.
  • Ah - no kidding? That is interesting - I wonder if we can program the installer to look for that situation. How did you configure CamStudio to run with that GPU?

Terry
  • -> open NVIDIA control panel, also from right click on Recorder.exe -> "run with graphic processor..."
    -> Manage 3D settings
    -> under "Program settings" tab