Due to continual spamming, forum registrations are now by Invitation Only. Hopefully this will be only a temporary measure to combat spammers.

If you want an invitation contact forumapplication @ camstudio . org

Sorry for the inconvenience.

VS 2010 Compilation

edited May 2013 in Support
Howdy, My question is : how do I compile + debug the "Recorder" project, from within Visual Studio? Here is what I've attempted so far: 1.) I downloaded CS v2.7 from the SVN (whatever this is...) as a regular download and then attempted to open it in Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Edition, even though there was a "VS 2008 v10.0" tag within the solution file. 2.) The VS converter popped up and started converting -- all the way, something like 19 projects, however on the subsequent log file it showed that each project has several warnings (but w/o any errors). 3.) Also, on the Build Configuration Manager, all projects were checked + tagged as Debug / Win32. 4.) So I used <Ctrl+Shift+B> to do a "Build All", and on the message window VS finally said : 14 projects succeeded, 1 failed, and maybe some skipped. 5.) Next, I set the "Recorder" project as "Start Up", within the Solution window. 6.) Oddly enough, on clicking <F5> the "Recorder" project DID run, and I was even able to start it out (again) via Step-by-step debugging mode. 7.) On other hand, however, the "Recorder" program (while running), after clicking the red / recording GUI button, did NOT do any recording, as the flashing corners did not appear - nor did it allow to save any output (AVI) files to anywhere (it didn't display the SAVE dialog at all). Any ideas? Thanks, Johny