This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Most settings wont work with Xvid codec

edited August 2013 in Support
hi, Currently I am using the Xivd codec because of its smallest file size and high quality but some region settings (such as window or fixed) will not work and I will get this error:

the specified device handle invalid. stop()

and then it will ask for the default compressor but when I hit yes it will give me the error again. does anyone have some help on making it work? any help will do.

-Greg

Comments

• edited August 2013
    That usually comes from odd numbered width or height (both have to be even numbers for most MPEG-4 style compressors, including DivX - which wants the width to be a multiple of 4 - and X264vfw).

I've been using the fixed region lately just for that reason. 720p HD is 1280x720 while 1080p HD is 1920x1080.

You can force a window to be a certain size, but you may need to fiddle with the settings, as I've sometimes had to use an odd-number to get an even-numbered result. I do this using Sizer from BrianApps:

http://www.brianapps.net/sizer/

Terry
  • thank you for the help! :)