This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Fresh install of Windows and new HDD but worse capture performance

edited August 2013 in General Discussion
Hi, i've had to replace my HDD and do a new install of Windows, i've restored all the same settings and I'm having the same problem I had before which I posted about here:

http://camstudio.org/forum/discussion/1283/best-x264-settings-for-performance

When I screen capture my DJ software it keeps slowing down. My fix last time was writing the capture to a different partition to what the DJ software was writing the audio recording too and a household fan aimed at the back of my laptop. That isn't helping this time and the problems worse, it slows down every few minutes. It's frustrating because i got it working fine until my laptop decided not to load past the welcome screen 1 day!

Does anybody have any idea what could be the problem? Thanks

Comments

• Found out the problem after changing every setting in Windows, I just hadn't changed the x264 preset to ultrafast! Doh.
  • Now we all know! Thanks for sharing your fix, even if it was a Doh! moment. :-)
    (Of course, I've never had one of those...)

Terry