This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

No sound in CamStudio 2.7.2 (build r326)

edited November 2013 in Announcements
I recently lost my motherboard in a computer which ran CamStudio with no problems.

I bought a second-hand Toshiba Satellite lap top computer, running Win7, that's about 5 years old, and downloaded CamStudio 2.7.2 (build r326). My problem is that I can't get CamStudio to record any sound with my movies. I mainly record UTube videos.

I've tried using the microphone for sound, but of course that didn't work, though I tried using a patch cord between the mike and earphone outlets which I saw on the forum and which only caused feedback.

I next tried 'Stereo Mix' which I saw someone use in the forum who had a 'Realtek' sound chip, but that didn't work either.

Any help will be appreciated,

-neilvmcc

Comments

• Oops, I found the culprit!

I changed the 'Playback through this device' from 'Default playback device' or 'Speakers' to 'Realtek Digitable Output' options. I also checked 'Listen to this device'.

Hope that this might help someone else who has the same problem. :o)

-neilvmcc
  • Stereo Mix derives its signal from the Analog Speakers device (oddly, not from the headphones device... so you have to plug headphones into the speaker-out jack on the back of most PCs!)

See this video to see how to get that running on Windows 7:

Glad you have it running, though!

Terry