This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

no stereo mix

edited October 2014 in Support
Hi there.

Due to my last laptop going into meltdown, I have had to replace it... I rather hastily bought a lenovo G50-45. Not exactly a high end machine, but on paper it seemed like it was suited for my needs... if only temporarily. It runs win8 64... but something i never knew about it at the time, and I know I'm not exactly adept with computers, is that it seems to lack stereomix as one of the options in the sounds tab. Even when i check the boxes looking for disabled or disconnected devices.

So, i have been struggling to record any sounds with camstudio. Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how i can resolve this issue? Any advice at all would be appreciated...

If you would require any more system information or whatever, I will be happy to oblige as I would like to get this sorted.

In advance, i would like to thank you for your time. I have been using camstudio for a couple of years now, and i really like it and would like to continue to use it.

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Lenovo computers are a nightmare to deal with in terms of stereo mix. They used blocking methods which varied even within a given model, and their support people have been given incorrect information regarding the situation. See this thread for a workaround:

http://camstudio.org/forum/discussion/1346/voicemeeter-as-a-replacement-for-stereo-mix-to-record-game-audio-and-microphone

I tried the VB Cable on its own and found it works great, albeit with no audio during recording, due to the fact that neither Cam nor VB have any play through device feature. If you get it working, you can install Voicemeter, which will allow you to hear the audio while recording and have additional audio controls as well.

Ken
  • hi... thanks very much for your reply. I have just seen this, so will have a look and try and get my head around it later. I hope it works, I'm sure it will.

I will let you know how I get on, or if I am stuck, I know where to come.

Thank you very much.
  • Answered with the Voicemeeter links in the other copy of this post. Keep us posted! :-)

Terry