This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Video and Audio Desync After a Pause

edited February 2016 in Support
I have noticed that audio and video get out of sync as soon as I pause the recording and resume it. It seems that the video lags behind the audio by as many seconds as the pause has lasted.
Someone has told me that this is a known issue since version 2.1
I am starting this thread in hopes of finding some workaround.
A simple brute force solution is to stop the recording, start another recording when needed and use a video editor to merge the two videos. The problem is that merging videos takes and obscene amount of time when the videos are relatively long. Say of 15 minutes each.
Any help with this known issue would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• edited February 2016
    This problem with pause causing the video to go out of sync seems to have crept in when the program was rewritten in Visual Studio, which may point to the situation that some older Microsoft libraries are actually working better than new ones!

You can get the original 2.0 version here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/camstudio/files/legacy/Camstudio2-0.exe/download

However, this requires the old 2008 version of the Microsoft C++ Runtime Libraries. You can get those here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582

This version of the libraries will not replace or "break" the more recent versions. Note this is a 32-bit library, which is correct, as CamStudio was and still is a 32-bit piece of software.

Terry
  • edited February 2016
    Is there a way for this issue to be fixed in the current version? I don't think it should be that complicated to implement since it was done a while back.
    I have tried version 2.0, the pause works fine but it is not as good as the current version. I have found that the mouse pointer and the cursor are have about 1 inch distance between them. This makes the video look aweful. I will stick to the current version and see if I can find a workaround.
  • Actually, it is complicated, as it is written in an entirely new language format now. But Nick tells me it is high on the list of fixes he wants in the next version.

Terry