Due to continual spamming, forum registrations are now by Invitation Only. Hopefully this will be only a temporary measure to combat spammers.

If you want an invitation contact forumapplication @ camstudio . org

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Is it possible to use DNxHD codec?

I'd like to edit the footage in a program called Hitfilm and the performance of editing is greatly improved by using a codec which doesn't compress very much. It would be nice to record in that format instead of having to transcode. Thanks.

Comments

• I don’t have an answer, but I think it’s an experiment worth trying. If the codec is properly registered, Cam should find it and be able to use it, but the issue is whether a viable video will be produced in the process. A few years back, using the same logic regarding intra-frame compression (only), I made numerous attempts to create a usable video with assorted MJPEG variations. The program recorded and processed with no problem, but failed to produce a video that could be opened in any video editor I have. Maybe it’s the AVI container limitation, but I don’t know. Anyway, logic says it should be a good fit, so if you can get it to work, I’d like to know how..... Ken
  • THX1138,

I'd certainly like to hear about this as well if you find a solution that works!

Terry