This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Unable to apply audio compression...

edited September 2009 in Support
The complete message thrown by CamStudio is "Unable to apply audio compression with the selected options. Your movie is saved without audio compression." This is the first time I've seen this message and I am not aware of any options being changed.

Is this something to be concerned about?

Thanks...

Comments

• I am getting the same message. I'm using CamStudio (loving it) and Windows 7.
    Laura
  • laurad,

Just as speculation, this message might appear if you are using a sample rate or audio bit-rate not supported by the compression method you selected.

My experience has been bad with applying compression via CamStudio, as Sync has gone off pretty badly (from LAME MP3 - haven't tried AC3 yet). I generally check "Use MCI recording" to simply grab it at 16-bit, 44.1MHz sample rate. Then, if I want to compress the audio, I run the video through VirtualDub. But that's just my workflow. I rarely bother, and simply upload to YouTube overnight.

Hopefully Nick or Jan will see this post and perhaps provide a more comprehensive answer for you than this!

Terry