This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

In game, CamStudio captures without lag, but problem...

edited December 2009 in Support
Alright, well I was looking for an alternative to Fraps to record a game because of the massive amount of lag it causes, and discovered CamStudio. I love the idea of capturing it but not writing it until AFTER so lag doesn't occur. However, in the final video result, some background graphics that change according to how many points I get and how close I am to failing the song (Guitar Hero 3 customs) flash repeatedly.
To understand what I am saying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM2CoS7_aH8
There's a video upload of a CamStudio recording in game.
Here's one done with Fraps, no problems recording, other than lag: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPe_FY85fD0

Anyone have a solution?
I'm on Vista SP2 64 bit, if you need any specs just ask, although I don't believe it to be a hardware issue.
The only solution I've tried (although I've looked through all of the options for a solution) was Options -> Program Options - > Capture translucent/layered Windows because it seems like it may have some effect, but to no avail.
I have not yet tried to record to SWF because I'd much rather it be in a native .avi container so I don't have to repack and lose quality.

Thank you very much if anybody is able to help!

Comments

• Hey br34kthr0ugh

Have you tried altering any of the settings options in XP Compatibility Mode?

Maybe try running in 256 colors (not ideal, I know) or maybe see if disabling visual themes makes any difference?

Cheers

Nick :o)
  • No difference. Sorry for taking so long for a reply. I did some research and it led me to believe that the problem is from video acceleration by my built in graphics card, which I sadly cannot disable...
  • Bumping. Any suggestions?