This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Looking for a beginners settup

edited March 2008 in Support
I am hoping to use camstudio for tutorial demos on a pc. I have tried to setup like this youtube tutorial (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kiug3H3c4gk&feature=related) but the divx codec just puts out a black screen. Could someone suggest a good "all around" codec and its setup?

Thanks.

Comments

• @Jukos

If you're trying to record a video playing and you're generating a black screen but the audio's, you probably need to disable hardware acceleration in Windows:

START > Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot

or RIGHT-click desktop > Properties > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot

Move the slider to "None"

HTH

Cheers

Nick :o)
  • Thanks for the effort Nick but no go. When I replay my recording its just black...no audio in this setup.

John.
  • Hi again, I just tried using the player to play the video instead of player plus and it worked. Is this a bug in player plus?
  • Possibly - Player Plus isn't the most reliable piece of software in the world [grin].

Did the video play in other media players, like VLC, Windows Mediaplayer, etc.?

Cheers

Nick :o)
  • Yes, the video plays in wmp as well. Thanks for your input.
  • =======
    Closed
    =======

Summary:
    * If you're trying to record a video playing and you're generating a black screen but the audio's, you probably need to disable hardware acceleration in Windows.
    * Player Plus isn't the most reliable piece of software in the world. Use instead CS player or other media players, like VLC, Windows Mediaplayer, etc.
This discussion has been closed.