This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Start for the beginning..........

edited April 2010 in Support
I created a 6 slide show with open office. I have been attempting to video it with camstudio. When I am in open office and run the slide show it fills the whole screen and I don't have the "veiw finder" from camstudio to record. I know this can't be compilcated but what am I missing? Any one have the patience to walk me through? Thanks

Comments

• I realize this is some time ago, so you may have found a solution, but I can answer your question anyway.

While never having done this myself, I can think of two possible ways of doing it. One would be to start the recording before starting the slideshow, and then cutting away the start of the video afterwards, using a program like Virtualdub[1]. The other would be to use a keyboard shortcut to start the recording. By default F8 will start/pause the recording, F9 will stop recording allowing you to save the video, and F10 will cancel the recording.

[1] http://virtualdub.org/