This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Hardwire Workaround for recording Audio from speakers

edited December 2007 in Support
This might be old news to a many, but here is how i got around recording some videos we had in swf format to an avi using CamStudio 2.5. I just recorded it directly off the web page.

On my sound card, I put a splitter on the Speaker Out, then ran one line to my speakers (so I could hear it), then the other I plugged into the Line-In. Setting CamStudio to Record from Mic, then selecting the Line-In option. That's it. Works great.

ps. I did try to use the Mic port, but it overpowered the audio. Line-in is best.

later, geoman

Comments

• There is also the Stereo Mix method (if your sound card supports it).
    XP - http://revver.com/video/389955/camstudio-setting-stereo-mix-in-xp/
    Vista - http://revver.com/video/389959/camstudio-setting-stereo-mix-in-vista/

Jas2o
  • Cool jas2o. My xp pc did not have the stero mix option. That is what lead me down the hardware path of mixing wires. My vista pc does have it, and the stereo mix works well!

later,geoman
  • sorry, i can't help you with that!
  • I've been getting by with a similar workaround as geoman described - with a double-male cable going from my headphone jack into my mic jack and adjusting the levels with a graph. It's been working well so far. But I tried the Stereo Mix method and wow! What a great idea! It seems so obvious now, in hind sight, that I'm embarrassed to not have known about it before. LOL.

Thanks for link to that tip Jas2o!
  • Have a Dell 9400 Inspiron laptop with a Sigma Tel Audio card. The double-male cable work-around is the only possible solution, and it works great! Thank you.