This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Curser dissapears when working with Photoshop CS5

edited August 2010 in Support
Hi all,
I'm doing tutorials for Adobe Photoshop CS5. CamStudio seems to work just fine, however I noticed that when I play the the file back that the curser either defaults to an arrow or simply dissappears after a minute or two. My work around has been to lower Photoshops memory usage to about 25% and record shorter videos.
Thanks for listening,
Frederick

Comments

• I forgot to say these problems are in 2.5
  • Sorry I meant Cursor not Curser.
  • Curses, the cursor problem again!!! ;-)

Have you tried upping your hardware acceleration in the Troubleshooting tab? It may be tied to that.

Terry
  • Terry Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I lowered the hardware acceleration (it was at maximum) and I also lowered the color quality to
    Medium (16 bit). I think it helped. Please, if anybody has any more suggestions please let me know.

Thanks again Terry,
    Frederick
  • origininc,

I also enjoy doing Photoshop tutorial videos, though I only have CS at this time.

http://terrybritton.com

Please feel free to share with us what you can of your own recordings! I'll post a link at my site for ya if you'd like that!

Terry
  • Same problem here, using 2.6 r264 because the newer version doesn't recognize h264 codec.
    Using photoshop doesn't show the cursors, just the default cursor, it works with other application like Zbrush but not with photoshop.

I've seen some video done with camstudio where the cursor show up, so it works before.
  • Mantis,

Hrmmmmm... I hope this is not the sole cause, as I do many Photoshop tutorials. I'll test this in a few different scenarios and get back to you.

Terry