This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

any advice for avoiding crashing?

I think that I'm a slow learner sometimes, or, well you remember the definition of a lunatic? Whatever; I've crashed camstudio 3x now doing the same thing -> I am using camstudio to make instructional vid tutorials for Blender 3D, an open source cg modeling program. I am demonstrating features of the video sequence editor, essentially editing video and audio simultaneously, and when I try to use camstudio to record the setup plus a windowed real-time render of the composite, camstudio crashes. Yep that's pretty intensive computing, and whether I set camstudio priority to normal or high, it seems to crash camstudio but not blender. I don't mind everything slowing down, that's almost good since you'd think that the end result would match better.

But what can I do to prevent camstudio crashing? I suppose that I could render the blender playback separately but that isn't what I want to show. Any ideas?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    walshlg,

Have you tried setting Blender or any of its processes (if any run as separate processes) to lower priorities in the Task Manager's Processes tab?
    That is accomplished by right-clicking on the desired process and selecting the priority from the list that appears to the right of "Set Priority".

Just an idea.

Terry