This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Catching the onscreen video

edited September 2010 in Support
Camstudio works fine for me except for one thing: it doesn't my onscreen webcam video. You know what I mean? I've got the webcam working and its showing a picture, a video, in a little box on my screen. Then I start up CamStudio and make a movie of what I'm doing. And in that movie the area where that webcam video was playing is just blank.
Is that a limitation of the prog or is something wrong? Anything I can do about it?

regards,
ab

Comments

• abrogard,

Personally, I'd love to help, but I've never been able to get the webcam "video annotation" feature to work. I'm surprised you even show a picture in the little box on your screen! (I always merely get a black box, even if I'm not recording!)

Let me know if you figure anything out - someone else hopefully will be along who knows more about this feature who can help both of us.

Terry
  • M2

I have the same experience as Terry but have not be able to study code and to think about what it is supposed to do.
  • I dunno how, but it works fine for me. I've just tried. I have Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 or something. Can it be related to webcam settings and color format??