This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Convert AVI File to Flash

edited September 2010 in Support
How do you convert AVI Files to Flash before uploading to youtube? I'm using CamStudio 2.0 and Windows XP. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    excelatebiz,

There is no longer any need to convert your files to flash first before uploading to YouTube. YouTube converts your files for you into several formats. It's latest favored format is MP4 (which flash player can play), but you do not have to create an MP4 file (though an AVI using DivX IS an MP4 file... uh, it gets complicated!) :-) . YouTube accepts the AVI's produced by CamStudio just fine, and accepts several various codec types in the AVI format.

CamStudio Lossless Codec is very good for tutorial screencasts. DivX, FFDShow or Xvid are best for screens with more motion. See other discussions here for more details.

Terry
  • Hey Terry........thanks Bro.
  • I'm also curious what are the best codec and settings to use to retain maximum quality and get the smallest size possible provided that regular office type application is recorded without much stuff changing on the screen with every frame. Right now I'm using CamStudio Lossless Codec to capture avi and then convert it into flash video with the ffmpeg by calling it somehow like this:

ffmpeg -i in.avi -vcodec libx264 -vpre lossless_slow -r 10 -vb 150000 -acodec libfaac -ac 1 -ar 22050 -ab 16000 -f flv out.f4v

Is FlowPlayer the best choice to play it back on the web site?
  • mlt

Search through the forums, they've been posted many time before.

In fact, I'll liaise with Terry to create a sticky post with them in.

Cheers

Nick :o)