This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Importing Camstudio Lossless Codec files into Sony Vegas

edited October 2010 in Support
Basically, it just doesn't work.
When I try to import the .avi file into vegas, it only shows as a black box.
This black box cannot be dragged onto the video track, and it cannot be played.

I've tried both v1.4 and v1.5, neither seems to work.

Any solutions?
I wouldn't want to convert to file since I don't want it to lose quality or grow huge in size...

I've tried installing the k-lite codec pack onto the editing computer but it didn't help much.

Comments

• I guess it is a typical question. I'm also in need of lossless conversion so that AviSynth can open it. Recently I saw a solution on the web, that recommended to install "MSU lossless codec" and use VirtualDub to recompress lossless-to-lossless. I didn't try it yet. Though Sony Vegas may have just a limited support for codecs...
  • mltmlt
    edited October 2010
    Nixon:

It may help you http://209.112.246.111/cgi-bin/displaywwugpost.fcgi?forum=sonic-foundry_vegas&post=050906155350.htm
    VirtualDub reads perfectly camstudio codec 1.5 and can feed stream to other applications. That post is quite old, perhaps Sony Vegas would read stream through virtualdub's frameserver in AVI proxy mode directly.