This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Why small rectangles temporarily appear around cursor and typed chars in recording?

edited October 2010 in Support
When I view a recording.....I see various lines and rectangles on the recording.

There seems to be a boxes around the cursor and boxes around every newly typed character. These boxes disappear after a few seconds but then new boxes appear around the new position of the cursor and the new characters typed if any.

Comments

• It looks like a video codec problem. The quality is too poor. Use lossless codec and recompress the result with a different codec later if that codec can't do the job well on-the-fly.
  • Thanks. I was using the Camstudio lossless codec but I was converting to SWF on the fly.

Maybe I should save in AVI and then convert to Flash later.

I'll try that. thanks!
  • My personal recommendation is to use ffmpeg. It can convert to either flv or swf. I like the former along with FlowPlayer.
    I can't recall where I got camcodec 1.5 beta(?). I feel like it's quality is much better than 1.4, but I don't see it among downloads.