This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

AV desync and video lag

edited November 2010 in Support
I am using this program to record a play through of a game. While it works O.K. usually, it will get two problems. After about 3-5 min into the video, the audio will desync (lagging BEHIND video), and I can't figure out how to fix it. The main problem is that the game has some dark areas, and whenever I go somewhere dark the colors become weird (black becomes greenish, gray becomes blueish, etc...) and half of the colors "stick". By this I mean that if I am looking at something red in the dark, and then I turn and am looking at something of a different color, it seems like it lags behind and keeps about half of the last frame on the screen for about half a second. This is ruining my recordings and as they are narrated the audio desync is quite a problem. Help?

EDIT: I am also using the 2.0 version. I don't think the beta would fix this, but I will try again with that. Any suggestions in the meantime would be a big help, thanks in advance!

Comments

• What video codec are you using? Do you experience similar problems while using other screen capturing software? Microsoft Expression, VirtualDub?

What are your settings for video and audio recording? Not that long time ago I commited revision into SVN r302 with an option that prevents merging of video and audio in case there may be some problem. With this options you'll just get temporary files with audio and video separately.