This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Well darn, I went over 20 minutes and 2 GB. Now what?

edited November 2010 in Support
I really wish they had posted some blaring warning about this instead of just leaving it up to us to find out. Now what?

I recorded myself working in Photoshop but I unknowingly kept going over the time limit. Now there are some video files that I was lucky enough to accidently not go over the time limit and I have seperated such files in a different folder. But for the video files that are over the time and data limit, not only will they each not play but they also bring up an error message when I merely open the folder they're in!

"Windows Explorer

Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I only managed to seperate the files that would work to their own folder by NOT responding to this error message or sending the error report because evertime I do it my computer freezes up until I 'Ctrl+Alt+Del' and close the folder from the Windows Task Manager.

Okay, I guess that was all just me rambling.

But to the point, how do I recover the files that went over the time and data limits? Is there a program that can split them in half or split them down?

Comments

• Please have a look at the following thread, which contains suggestions about making usable avi files bigger than 2GB. Using the free VirtualDub program (downloadable on the web -- just google it), you should be able to turn your file into a usable one with very little, if any, degradation of quality. LowellGeneral had similar problems, as did I and many more of us. And of course Terry's suggestions are invaluable.

Here's the thread: http://camstudio.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=350&page=1#Item_17

Jo