This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Unsupported file type on VirtualDub.

edited December 2010 in Support
Hello, I've recorded a session with CamStudio, enabling the audio from microphone, and using as microphone my SoundBlaster live default system sound, so that it would have recorded the audio that the computer played. But when I opened the created avi, no avi players was able to read it, and importing it into VirtualDub, the program gives me this error: "The file is of an unknown or unsupported file type".

There is a way so that I can see/convert that avi file?

Comments

• CS version used? VirtualDub version? Codec used? How long was your recording? What is the file size?
  • CamStudio version: 2.00

VirtualDub version: 1.9.10

I didn't used any codec, since the file neither opened in VirtualDub

File size: 262 MB
  • zz3953 -- I think mlt probably meant the codec used in CamStudio when you recorded the session.
  • Have you try loading the file into Windows Movie Maker/Windows Live Movie Maker/Windows Media player? If Movie Maker/Live Movie Maker loads it, then it's true that the version of virtualdub you're using is too old. If it doesn't load either, re-recording the video again.
  • Ok, I've deleted the file, thanks anyway. This program should be fixed for bugs like this, that are really serious!