This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Playback differences between Movie Player, VLC and Windows MP

edited January 2011 in Support
I'm new and may have overlooked a forum answer here but it's a bit confusing.
I am working on a computer with XP, sp3 operating system. I am using 2.0 with the CamStudio Lossless Codex v1.4 codec and default settings for everything else.

I made a short demo video of 2 to 3 minutes. I saved it as an AVI and played it back on the Movie Player. Other than I stutter a lot, it looked good. I went to send it out for others to see and use and when I tested the link, Windows Media player opened and play it back. The audio was fine but the video was terrible. The video seemed to blackout every other frame and then the image would come back. The cursure jerked aroung like it was under a 1960's black light.

I opened it in VLC with the same results. I tried it again in the Movie Player and it was smooth as silk. I used the SWF converter and made into an SWF format and the link for that played very well.

What am I doing wrong that the AVI won't play nice with other programs that my audience will most likely use?

Comments

• Add on. I just noticed in looking at a longer video made with powerpoint slides that the video is running through all the slides repeatedly while the audio track plays out. I'm not sure if that will help diagnose an issue or not.
  • Keeferj2,

Please tell me, what are your settings in Video Options for:

Compressor (CamStudio Lossless Codec is best for slide show content)

Set Key Frames Every (20-25 frames is good)

Capture Frames Every (40 or 50 works well)
    Playback Rate (25 or 20, respectively to above, works well. You want Capture Frames Every TIMES Playback Rate to equal 1000 (1000 milliseconds, same as one second)

Thanks!

Terry