This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

CamStudio Crashes on start of Recording

7iv7iv
edited January 2011 in Support
Hey I don't know what is happening because Camstudio used to work fine on my computer up until recently I started up Camstudio and it said there was an issue with the Lossless Codec and I should switch to the default so I did and after that the whole thing crashed. I then decided that installing the newest beta may solve the issue with the new version of the Codec being included. I started it up and clicked record and then it immediately crashed. Played around with some settings and nothing. Uninstalled and reinstalled every version on my computer and still nothing after restarting. The settings don't seem to be dependent upon the issue. Suggestions?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Are you running 64bit versions of WinXP/Vista/7?
    For me it worked on Win7Ultimate32bit;version2.0 onwards worked natively on Win7 acording to tests.
  • 7iv7iv
    edited January 2011
    Nope Running WinXP SP3 32bit and as soon as I click the record button, instant crash. I thought it was originally the Codec causing the issue but, switched over to Hypercam, no issue. When I bring up the details of the crash in it's details it says something about avifil32.dll but, nothing else on my computer is having an issue with avifil32.dll and it is there located in the correct directory.
  • Here is a copy of the error signature.

AppName: recorder.exe AppVer: 2.6.0.0 ModName: avifil32.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.5908 Offset: 000029cd