This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Help

edited February 2011 in Support
When I try to run the temp.avi I get the error message below. The thing is when I stopped the recording it never started the compression. The file is around 2.84G & is there a way to recompress so that I can play this video.

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

Comments

• Avi file size is limited to 2GB. But if you run your file through VirtualDub you can probably make it usable. Please take a look in the following thread particularly in my discussion about this issue with LowellGeneral: http://camstudio.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=350

Jo
  • Thx booklover. Everything was going fine but after it finishes gives me error message

---------------------------
    VirtualDub Error
    AVIOutput: Not enough superindex entries to index AVI file. (305 slots required, 256 slots preallocated)
    OK