This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

unable to get audio and video to capture at hte same time

edited February 2011 in Support
Hi I am new to this, I install CS 2.0 on Win XP box. I can capture video fine, but when I add audio thru the mic in sound card. My play back from window media play, I only get audio and no video. How can I get buy. What am I missing? any help is appreciated

Comments

• Thanks to Antonis there is now a first start of a usermanual on Sourceforge.
  • Janhgm,

Cool! Here is the link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/camstudio/files/Documentation/

laiwinston,

So, with no audio, video captures and plays back fine, but when you add audio, it only records audio?

In the Audio Options --> Audio Options for Microphone section, check the box that says "Use MCI Recording". That uses Window's default audio settings (PCM). Let me know if that helps.

Terry
  • Terry,

That's correct. As soon as I select record audio from mic. I only get audio with no video. "use mci recording" did not help. I still only gets audio with no video. Is there a newer version I can try? I am currently using Version 2.00.(from help-> about)

Thanks
  • laiwinston,

Here are the beta versions. Though beta, they work well for most applications. r294 is the latest, but misses out on the ffdshow codec. r264 shows that codec fine.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/camstudio/files/CamStudio%202.6%20beta/

I've never encountered this situation before. I suppose you are using all the default settings under Video Options? (Microsoft Video One codec and the default settings of 200/5/200?)

Give me any details you can think of that might be important (operating system, any other settings). Do try a fresh installation of one of the betas.

Terry